BE A LIGHT FOR OTHERS


"FEAR IS THAT LITTLE DARK ROOM WHERE NEGATIVES ARE DEVELOPED"

I write these lines as I enjoy the beauty of the season. Christmas is such a wonderful celebration and I am so glad to be able to enjoy the full twelve days! As I look back on twenty twelve, I am compelled to share a bit of the magnanimous gifts received.

Since about ten years ago, I have shared on a tradition to pick from a card stack around Christmas time. Each one of these cards depicts the name of a Saint, as well as a virtue particular to their life.

Last year I happened to receive St. Lucy, and the virtue to "be a light for others". Each year I am amazed at how many opportunities I am given to persevere on each particular virtue and twenty twelve was not the exception.

I find that despite the dark moments of life, there is always light poured upon us. Sometimes perhaps just a flickering one, but even if light does not dispel all darkness completely, it allows for beauty to be noticed by a combination of brightness and shadows that shape both our character and humanity.

I am glad and humbled to be able to share every bit of light and beauty I may find with all of you. I hope for many opportunities to do so during twenty thirteen, and I invite you to follow along the way and share some of your own bright and beautiful moments.

lovely image via wit + delight

Twitter FaceBook

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. i love this. such a wonderful piece to start the new year and to keep in mind for the future

    x nicole
    http://goldopolis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your sweet comment ~nicole. I hope we get to share and exchange many beautiful details along the way.

      Delete

Graphics by Fabulous K | Development by Blog Milk Design