THE BEAUTY OF WILL POWER


'NO ONE LACKS STRENGHT, WHAT MANY LACK IS WILL' - VICTOR HUGO

It all began with a water bottle; a perfectly portable transparent one that I bought with the idea to make myself drink more water. I had been carrying this with me for several days and I began to notice real progress.

One night when arriving home, I realized I had left behind my lovely bottle. During a meeting, I took a sip and positioned on the floor next to my seat. Given the late hour, going back did not make sense. I could have picked up another bottle, but practicality was not intended. The object represented a goal I had polarized, and leaving it behind was not the best choice.

 I made plans to go back early in the morning, but as to make the trip even more significant, I decided to attend morning Mass and hit the trail.

I am not one to rise early; yet, I left before dawn. After a beautiful Mass celebration I felt glad to be there. I had been trying to attend on weekdays as to receive the graces and benefits on a daily basis; instead of just once a week.

The forgotten water bottle made its way back into my hands and I walked towards the running trail. About half a mile into it, I saw a doughnut truck parked right next to the trail. On the occasion for celebrating 75 years their tasty treats were being offered.

The latter combination was senseless; making people seemingly confused by the juxtaposition. Sadly, those being lured to the doughnuts were the ones who needed them the least; those who probably struggle with eating habits and are trying to make progress. What a test of will power.

I continued down the trail being passed by different types of runners. One of them caught my attention, as he ran wearing a heavy army vest. He was seemingly training, and about twenty minutes later, I spotted him again, as he had made an entire loop. His face dripping with sweat; yet filled with determination. I looked at him and smiled as to convey my admiration.

All of the above events helped me to ponder on the importance of exercising our will and taking steps on a daily basis in order make our lives more beautiful.

lovely image of Evgenia Obraztsova via tumblr

Twitter FaceBook

Pin It

No Response to "THE BEAUTY OF WILL POWER"

Post a Comment

Graphics by Fabulous K | Development by Blog Milk Design